Oral Health Impact On Whole Body Health
- Good oral health leads to positive mental health.
- A healthy smile provides confidence, helping you carry out your everyday activities, including going to work and school.
- Infections in the mouth can lead to severe health concerns throughout the body.
MAKE THE CONNECTION:
The link between Oral and Body Health
Did you know?
Oral Health affects the whole body:
Bacteria built up on teeth can cause infection of the gums which
can then enter the bloodstream, travelling throughout the body.
Complications of poor oral health may include increased risk of:
- Aggravation of diabetes
- Blood infection
- Heart disease
Preventative and Protective Measures:
- Call your dentist if any change in the tissues of your mouth persists beyond 14 days
- Floss natural or replacement teeth at least once a day
- Use toothpaste containing fluoride
- Visit a dentist at least every six months and bring a list of the medications you are taking at every visit
- Brush natural or replacement teeth at least twice daily